Wednesday, January 30, 2013

Spectacular Spectacles

I had been having some issues with my contacts for a while. There were some little bumps that had developed on the underside of my eyelids and they seemed to get sort of inflamed after wearing my contacts for a while.  So I went to the eye doctor here and he suggested a few options for treatment - including scraping them off.  And I decided to just go for it and let him scrape away.  Which is HUGE as I am a total eye-phobe.  Sadly the scraping did not work and I just couldn't stand listening to the sound - totally got all sweaty!  So the Dr suggested that he cut them off!  Yuck.  I agreed but asked if I could please play some music so I did not have to listen to it.  The Dr and nurse thought that was hilarious. Even more so when I did not need it while they did shots in my eyelids!  So I busted out my phone and played some good ole Eric Church to distract.  As a result though, I had to wear my glasses for several weeks.  Which is not a big deal except they are super glued together and at a perpetual angle on my face.  So new glasses for me!
Me and Audrey with my old glasses.  Note how I am cleverly turning my head to distract from the fact that they look ridiculously crooked.

 The girls went with me to select some new glasses.  They were totally in love with wearing glasses - which I hope holds true as I am certain that they will be sporting them in just a few years.
 Me in my new glasses - though this was with the temporary lenses.  With eyes like mine, you totally need the ultra thins with glare protection!

2 comments:

  1. I love you all in glasses or not! Bad eyesight partially my fault - sorry!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cute glasses! Your girls will have a glasses buddy. Madison's vision was tested and she is close to needing them.

    ReplyDelete