Wednesday, January 30, 2013

My Star Students

I am so proud of my girls.  They have been super stars at school. Neither of them has ever had their clip  moved - which is a huge accomplishment in my opinion.  And Audrey was selected as star student for her class for the month of January.  Thank Heavens as each month she kept asking why she had not been chosen for star student since she followed all the rules and was nice to everybody.  Hard to give a good reason to that - especially since I clearly thought that she should be a star student! Here is a picture of her at her star student lunch where I got to go eat with her.


Brooke was nominated by her teacher to be student of the year for the school.  They do an interview, which I think is mainly how they decide who the winner will be.  They had a little ceremony and an ice cream social with the principal and she got to wear free dress that day.  She was very excited about it.  As it turns out, she did not get selected to be student of the year (I was both relieved that she did not get more recognition that Audrey and disappointed cause I always want my kids to be the best!) Fortunately Brooke was not that upset....primarily because we think that she did not actually know that she was competing for anything.  We sort of told her that she was doing the different stuff -  like the interview - because she was the first star student for her class. 

 Showing off the little lanyard that said that she could wear free dress that day.  I totally love this picture!

Enjoying her ice cream sundae.

No comments:

Post a Comment