Saturday, March 22, 2014

Mardi Gras - Kindergarten style

Every year the Kindergarteners put on a Mardi Gras parade.  Each class has a specific krewe theme.  The kids dress up and decorate a wagon based on their theme.  The parade has some of the ROTC from the high school, some of the band, and kids from middle and high school pulling the wagons.  It is a pretty big affair.

The wagons ranged CONSIDERABLY in quality.

I will preface these pics with a few thoughts.  The girls loved their wagons and had a blast decorating them.  To them, they were perfect.  Now in real life, it is clear that I have good ideas but am a fail as far as the actual execution goes.  Audrey's Krewe was the Zoo Krewe and Brooke's was Busy Bees.  We thought - oh a cute cage for Audrey's and some flowers for Brooke (Mrs. Thorne had bee outfits for the kids at school).  Audrey rode with her friend Ella - they were a zebra and a flamingo.

To illustrate this point I will offer these pictures (though I must toot my own horn about my cute text that I added!)



So I am looking pretty good at this point. 

Now here is what it looks like with these same ideas but someone who really excels at execution:


yep.  And here are just a few others that were totally crazy....and I may be just a tad jealous!




No comments:

Post a Comment