Friday, January 31, 2014

Thanksgiving

Oh jeez.  It seems as if I am never caught up!!  And now I am over into a new year, so I've got to go back and change the date on all of these posts so that I can print out my yearly blog book.  Which I am an entire year behind on!!

Enough of my ever present discussion of being behind......

This year we had Thanksgiving with my family is MS.  And since we alternate holidays we also did Christmas too.  Sadly these pics are really in no particular order at all.

 The four cousins getting ready to eat Thanksgiving dinner.  Note the adorable hand turkey placecards!

 I brought the kids some silly string and those weird plastic bubbles that you blow - the silly string war lasted about 15 seconds.  The bubbles lasted for considerably longer.  Thank you dollar store!
 The annual picture in the leaf pile
 Opening some Christmas presents with the fam!  The shirts they are wearing were Christmas presents that they got the previous day.  They are now their favorites!
 Me, my sister Amy, and my Dad.  Funny story - Amy (though she blames her hubby) managed to make it to MS without her suitcase!  She and I did a mad shopping dash the first night she was there.  Love all the new stuff she got.  I am thinking of "forgetting" my suitcase soon!

Here are the girls rocking their Indian shirts.  Not sure what is up with their crazy faces - but I love it!
Audrey modeling her shirt.  She selected Pocahontas as her Indian name.
Brooke showing off her Indian gear.  Her name was on the back of the shirt - I think that it was Princess Flower.

 The girls with their Granddad.  So cute!
The cousins helping with the sweet potato topping
 Darren and I brought an oil-less turkey fryer.  And Gary was game to give it a try!  As you can see for the massive amount of pictures, we were enthralled by this.

 Checking on it...looking good!

 D bringing it inside....also looking good!

Me, my mom, and my sister - and of course that gorgeous turkey!

 The girls with Gramma and Gary - after opening presents for Christmas
 I am including this only cause I am impressed with my craftiness!  I made the ladies on my side of the family these adorable (in my opinion) Christmas card holders.  Three different ones!
 Playing Connect 4 - I rocked at this game!!
 The girls, their new favorite guys, and Granddaddy and Jane - Audrey was mid-yawn.


2 comments:

  1. A great Thanksgiving/Christmas! And, yes, that turkey was just as delicious as it looked!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hazel answered my question because with all the talk of how the turkey looked, you never commented on its taste! Where do I place my order for a Christmas card holder?

    ReplyDelete