Sunday, June 2, 2013

Visit from the Tewes Family

I have been inspired by my friend Hollie who has totally rocked out her blog lately.  So I am gonna try to do a little catch up.

Over Mother's Day weekend, we had a visit from my dear friend Crystal and her family.  The girls had a blast playing with their daughter Evie who is 3.  We went to see Disney on Ice and it was super good.  I think that I enjoyed it as much as the girls!  And since it was Mother's Day we did a delicious Sunday brunch.  But for some reason, it never occurred to me to try to make a reservation prior to just a couple of days out.  Shock.  The restaurants had no reservations.  But when I called a local place called Bistro Byronz, she assured me that they were full of reservations but had open walk in spots available.  So we decided that we would get there 15 minutes before they opened.  Another shock.  Other people had the same idea and were there even earlier.  But all of the years that I spent watching Amazing Race paid off.  All of the other patrons were sitting waiting in their cars.  I asked (really I yelled) for Darren to go Go GO!! and get up by the door so that we could be first in.  And bam just like that we were in first place.  And all those other suckers waiting politely in their cars suddenly hurried to get behind us.  Hooray us!  And to top it off, the food was fabulous - as was the company!

 Attacking Evie after their "slumber party"
 The Disney on Ice did the stories of Belle, Tangled, Ariel, and Brave.  Audrey especially loved the horse from Tangled.
 I mean, could they be cuter?
 Obviously I could totally use the same photo caption from above :)
 Mother's Day was also the girls' half birthday.  They love to celebrate those half birthdays just like their momma.  Of course any reason to eat a cupcake for breakfast works for all of us!
 Sweet sweet girls!
 My mother's day photo with my girls.
Me and Crystal

No comments:

Post a Comment