Friday, December 21, 2012

Christmas countdown: 16 - 20

And to continue:

Day 16: Decorate a gingerbread house.  This is always a fun activity.  This year I saw a cute kit that said it was a village.  For some reason, I pictured it bigger.  So putting them together was a little bit harder than I thought it was going to be.  But they totally enjoyed decorating them.  And my mom was in town for part of the weekend to see the girls church choir performance so she was able to help.

Day 17: Make toilet paper snowmen.  I saw this on pinterest and thought it was so super cute.  Though I actually used paper towels as there was close to a shortage of toilet paper in the house...This was probably the most fun of the activities that we did.  They loved busting out of them at the end! Again my mom was here so she and D were able to participate and I could take pics!
 And the race begins!

 The finished projects!

Day 18: Watch a Christmas movie together.  We saw Rudolph the Red Nose Reindeer and the Island of Misfit Toys.  Cute.

Day 19: Drink hot cocoa.  Clearly starting to get desperate. 

Day 20: Make treats for teachers. Another pinterest project.  We made some oreo, peppermint popcorn.  I love it.  And the girls enjoyed crushing the oreos and peppermints!

1 comment:

  1. The paper snowman race was a lot of fun. Thanks for not publishing pics of the adults as snowmen!

    ReplyDelete