Thursday, February 27, 2014

Upward Cheer

As our spring activity, the girls decided that they wanted to do upward cheer.  I tried valiantly to get them to sign up for basketball.  But I finally relented to let them do cheer.  Then in a turn of events, they needed help coaching, so I ended up being one of the coaches.  I will pause to let you quit laughing.

It was super fun - for both me and the girls.  Their squad had 16 girls who were in kindergarten and first grade.  We cheered at the upward basketball games each Saturday and had practice once a week as well.

 How cute are my little cheerleaders???
Here they are with their other BFF Ella.
 In action during the game
 Here is Brooke with her BFF Lauren
And how else would you sit and listen after the game??

Here are some pictures of the closing ceremony.  Our group did a cheer by themselves and then all three of the cheerleader groups did a cheer together.  The guest speaker was a lady that can spin, dribble, and juggle basketballs.  She was excellent.  And more exciting - she picked Audrey as her very first volunteer.  Audrey got to spin a ball on her finger.  So super cute!!  And then Audrey won a doorprize!  It was a banner night for the Bear!


1 comment:

  1. Great experiences - cute pictures. I wish we had a video of a cheer session with the three leaders!

    ReplyDelete