Thursday, October 31, 2013

Labor Day at Reel Inn

One of our friends has a fishing camp in south Louisiana (which is really not a shock as almost all LA residents have some type of camp!) and invited us to join them for part of Labor Day weekend down there.

 Lonnie showing D how to shoot the bow.
 Me taking my shot with the bow.  Super cool!! I think I could become a hunter!
 Just a pretty picture


We went on a swamp tour while we were there too.  Unfortunately it was in the middle of gator season so we did not see too many gators.

This was a neat bridge cause it is on wheels so that it can turn to allow boats to pass underneath.
The kids were looking at some giant snail thing
Cute family photo
Another pretty picture - I am just so artsy with my photos!
Here comes the gator to eat the chicken leg
Crazy how fast he jumped up and snatched that chicken!

We stopped at the Oak Alley Plantation on the way home.  It is GORGEOUS!  I love the trees!  Here are some pictures from that stop.  Can you guess which part was the girls' favorite?







1 comment: